Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Diamonds are in the semi-finals!

I can't believe it, but my boys' team, which wasn't even supposed to be in the playoffs, has won it's quarter-final game today, by a single point! They were behind the whole game, except for a couple of minutes in the first quarter. I think we were down by 6 with a minute to go. They played super aggressively in the final minutes, but without too many fouls, as the other team was in bonus. Then, with 4.4 seconds left, we were awarded 2 foul shots, and one went it. The other team could not score in the last 4 seconds and we stole a win. The boys were ecstatic. It will be a game for them to remember, that's for sure.


Alex and Jules are on a trip to visit her aunt in Victoria (along with Alex's Mom), so I have been able to catch up on some sleep here at home. I really need it, as I have been hammered by a cold that will not go away. Earlier on, I was continuing with my training runs, but I have had to skip the last two, as running seems to be prolonging the cold. I just hope this gap in the training does not hurt my marathon in May. I miss them, but luckily we can communicate with Skype.

The race car body work is done and Pat and I have decided to run the first two races with the engine as-is, while monitoring the oil level. After the first two races, there is a 6-week gap and we will have time to do the partial rebuild we have been planning. We should be in a position to do some testing at the St-Eustache race school in less than two
weeks.

My buddies are heading to Watkins Glen to race in the Chumpcar Series this weekend, but for the price of some decent seat time, I preferred not to attend. Besides, I have a couple of basketball practices to organize.

So for the rest of the week, I will concentrate on getting healthier and trying to organize the beginning of the race season, and the end of the boys' basketball season.

Cool cars spotted:
Audi ur-S4
Audi R8
BMW 1M
AMG E63
AMG CLS63
Lamborghini Gallardo x 2
Porsche 928 x 2
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche 993

No comments:

Post a Comment