Thursday, April 25, 2013

Decided not to run the marathon...

I've quit the training for the Ottawa marathon. There are several reasons (also known as excuses)... I was sick for a couple of weeks. When I took a week off and got back to running, I actually felt fine. I was just not motivated, at the end of a long day, to go out and run for a couple of hours. The weather has been generally cold. More often than not, when I was out at night, it was near zero degrees. The basketball season just keeps going on and on (it's not over yet) and I decided I would rather have more free time. So there, I quit. So far, I don't regret it, as my days are still very full and I get to spend more time with Alex and Jules. 

 Jules keeps getting bigger... He can now safely sit in a shopping cart at the supermarket!



Our basketball semi-final was cancelled due to the other team being unavailable or not having enough players. So, by this stroke of luck, we will be playing in the finals next Wednesday. Unbelievable...

We held our first race school at St-Eustache this past weekend. My car was not ready, so I didn't actually drive at all. We had a good bunch of students in the 400-level group, and all received race licenses. This tasty McLaren  was parked at the track, but was used in the school. I love this car in this colour!


This weekend, I will attempt to make my way to Sanair to do some testing on the race car. Pat and I will have to take care of a few small jobs first, but we should be able to do this Friday night. The first race is next weekend, and Pat will be driving, as I will be at the Calabogie race school.

Cool cars spotted:
Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari FF
Ferrari F355
Ferrari 458
Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin Vantage
Tesla Model S
Jaguar XK-R
Porsche 993 turbo
Porsche 997 turbo
Porsche 928
Audi R8
Audi ur-S4
BMW 1M
new BMW M5
BMW M5 E39
BMW M6 E24
AMG CLS63
AMG G55
Nissan GTR
Rolls-Royce Ghost
McLaren MP4-12C

1 comment:

  1. Oh je suis désolé pour toi Vince. Mais je comprends ta décision. Quand l’entraînement est difficile, notamment parce qu'on manque de temps pour être avec les enfants, on sait que la course va être difficile et qu'on ne pourra pas faire mieux que la dernière fois. En plus, il est facile de se faire des blessures en course à pied lorsqu'on est mal entraîné, alors c'est une sage décision pour ça.

    Moi-même je suis pas du tout assez entraîné pour le trail du Mont-Sutton mais je suis encore motivé pour le faire. C'est juste que je vais le faire moins vite et avec plus de portions en marchant.

    ReplyDelete