Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring is here

It's taken until the last day of the Easter long weekend for me to find time to post here! Jules is napping as I type this. Alex says she heard him say "papa" this morning. I wish I had heard it myself!

Jules at basketball practice

After a final dumping of snow a couple of weeks ago, it finally feels like spring has arrived (even though the temperature will dip below 0 several times in the next few days). I guess I will have to buy some summer tires for the BMW!

BMW after a rare car wash
I'm actually glad it's warming up a bit, as I have been running four times per week in training for the Ottawa marathon and it's been less than pleasant running on the damp and freezing road. I have had a nasty cold for the past few days, which hasn't made things any easier.

My boys did not play very well in the tournament, winning only one game against a very inexperienced team. However, I was impressed by their serious performance in the last regular season game. Unfortunately, they lost by one point. Somehow, we were still awarded a playoff spot and will be playing in the quarter-final on April 9th. I hope they can bring their A-game once again.

I have not done anything about getting the race car ready. Alex and Jules will be out of town next week, so I should be able to move on that project a little.

Other than that, it's been a busy time! The basketball season is not over, the running season is in full swing, the car season is about to begin and the baby season continues to deprive me of my morning sleep. Still, it's a happy time and it all seems to be going by so fast!

Cool cars spotted:
Lamborghini Gallardo
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Porsche 964
Porsche 997 turbo
Saab Viggen
AMG C63 Coupe
AMG SLS
Audi R8
Audi RS5
Audi S7
Audi Ur-S4
Audi S7
Audi S6 Avant
Audi S6 V8t
Land Rover Defender
Tesla Model S
BMW M5 E39

Tesla Model S

No comments:

Post a Comment