Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bachelor life!

Alex has been in Chicago since Monday and I'm alone in Montreal. I guess it really just kicked in today as I was busy with the Tremblant track day until now. I will have to find something to do besides watch TV.

I just went out and ran a 10-k after a couple of weeks off... There is a lot of atmosphere in this city. I went by an Alouettes game in progress at Molson Stadium and a huge outdoor dinner party called "Diner en blanc" in front of club W.

I just bought a new webcam today, and it definitely increases the quality of communication with Alex. Ahhh, technology.

Speaking of technology, I have been exchanging e-mails and data with Oktay all day. He has the same GPS lap timer as I do, and we have been able to compare his laps at Tremblant in the S2000 with mine in the Civic. I am faster in some corners, while he is faster in others and on the straights, giving a lap 1.3 seconds faster for him. His car was also pulling higher lateral G's, despite running on performance street tires. I think this confirms that there is no real performance difference between used race tires and new performance tires.

Cool cars spotted:
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lexus IS-F
AMG SLS
AMG C63
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360
Ferrari California
Maserati Quattroporte
Bentley Arnage
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
Audi S6
Audi S8
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche 968
New Porsche Cayenne
BMW M6
BMW M3
BMW Z4M
Cadillac XLR
Jaguar XKR

At Tremblant:
Audi R8
Audi RS4
Porsche 996 GT3
Porsche 996 Turbo
Porsche 997 GT2
Porsche 993
Lotus Exige
Ferrari F430 Spyder
BMW M3
Corvette Z06
Cadillac CTS-V

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I have suggestions:
    - learn to knit (I left all my knitting stuff)
    - continue "À la recherche du temps perdu" (sorry for making you seem nerdy by revealing that you started!)
    - play Singstar competitively against Anthony
    xoxox
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is the first time I come here and I notice you're talking about me! :) We should exchange data more often, it is quite insightful, regardless how different our cars are.
    It is possible that the lateral G's are linked to the physics of both cars. A stock Civic, though yours is not, does not put down as much lateral g's as stock S2000 would. Or maybe you need to push more in the tighter sections... :)

    ReplyDelete