Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good car vs. nice car.

My street Civic is a good car. It does everything right and requires almost no maintenance. Now that I've installed the winter tires and wheels, the car looks quite boring. Still, it's a good car. Is it wrong then that I want to upgrade to a nicer car? I saw a Volvo S40, maybe 5 years old, with some OEM BBS-style wheels in really nice shape, and I thought "that's a nice car". It's not even so much my style of car, but it was simply nice. I can imagine the owner was proud to own it and that it brought a smile to his face to look at it in his driveway.
I guess I want a nice car. Here is an example of a nice car that's for sale for 4000$:
I would be perfectly happy to drive this car. In fact, I would be proud to own it. I called the insurance the other day for that old Saab 900, and found out that for not much more money, I could insure a 2002 9-3 SE. It's very tempting. I've seen 1998-2002 Saabs for as little as 2200$. I bet that I could find a really nice one for less than 3500$.
In other news, I've found some more of the parts I need to bring my race Civic to ITS specs and hope to pick them up in the next few days.
I've started coaching junior high school girls' basketball and my team just played its first game. They won 33-24 and made me proud. I have no idea how strong the team we played is supposed to be, but at least we started the season on a high note and the girls played defense.
Cool cars spotted:
Lamborghini Gallardo
BMW 2002
New M3
New STi
New Evo
RHD Toyota MR2
Bentley Continental GT
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
Bentley Arnage

No comments:

Post a Comment