Friday, April 4, 2008

Projects slowly moving forward...

As I write this, it's snowing big flakes outside. Carl just wrote me that the April 12-13 Trac school is cancelled because there is still too much snow in the paddock area to accomodate cars. They will have to squeeze the students from that school into the one the following week.

I spent Saturday "helping" Pat Boyer work on the blue Civic. We changed the holed exhaust line, welded on a Chery Bomb Turbo muffler, like the one on the race car, took apart the starter, to clean it, changed the oil and tranny oil and bled the clutch. After all this, the starter still does not work 100% of the time, so I will have to replace it. The tranny still grinds on the 2-3 shift at anything above 3000 rpm, so I will have to double-clutch and just live with it. The clutch feels fine. I finally bought the sleeve to install the radio properly. Pat noticed that the larger rear trailing arm bushings are pretty much shot. Fortunately, he has some polyurethane ones laying around that he will sell to me cheap and install.

Next step: change the starter, try to find some inexpensive used performance shocks and install them.

Steph called me to discuss the colour scheme he proposed for the race car and I agreed with him that it would look nice. Stay tuned for pics of the painted race car. Steph has had a burst of enthusiasm for the car and wants to install a different final drive. I've started searching for one. He also informed me that he wants to run in the Sundown enduro, like we did in 2007 and 2005. It takes place in only 6 weeks. I hope everything will be ready by then, because this 3-hour enduro at Mosport is one of the highlights of my year.

I just booked my plane ticket to Paris for my summer trip, which will take place in early June and will end with a trip to the 24 hours of Le Mans (after a short tour of Portugal). I can't wait!

Cool cars spotted:
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
Mazda RX7 twin-turbo
AMG s63
Audi RS4

No comments:

Post a Comment