Thursday, November 26, 2015

Winter is coming...

We had our first dusting of snow a couple of days ago and the weather is dipping below zero almost daily. I am walking to work less and less. I'm pretty sure that when I injured my calf muscle playing basketball a few weeks ago, I tore it a bit. After our big comeback win almost three weeks ago, we had a week off. The following week, although I had really tried to warm up my calves a lot, I still felt worsening pain throughout the game. I didn't play very well and we lost quite badly. I have decided I will take at least one week off to try to heal a bit. My whole lower leg gets swollen by the end of the day, so I may have to go see the doctor or physio.

I got caught without winter tires this week (even though there was only about 1 cm of snow on the ground and it would have been fine to drive on summers) so I swapped over to the winters one evening in the garage, after the kids were asleep. 

I think that people will be putting away their sports and classic cars this week, as it's only a matter of time before we get some real winter weather. 

There are still a few cool cars on the road, and a surprising number of motorbikes too. The other day, I even saw a Mini Roadster with the top down when it was below zero the other day. I love when people use their cars as they were meant to be, for as long as possible before winter.

Cool and rare 500E
The RX8 looks so nice with these wheels
It's still warm enough to play in the park
Oscar looks ready to start walking at any time now
Surprise Ferrari 456 spot in late November
The 993 is not my favourite generation of 911, but it's still a nice car and I like its small size.
I am not excited about Mercedes' latest coupe designs. I prefer the clean lines of previous generations, like this one.

... or even this one, a decade older.
What is it about these Jaguars that I find so appealing? This is a Vanden Plas edition. I wonder how they are to drive?
I came across this fantastic video about the 1965 Targa Florio road race in Sicily. What an adventure it must have been to race in this type of event.

No comments:

Post a Comment