Friday, October 26, 2012

Last track event of the year

Last Saturday I headed up to Tremblant in the Civic for a track day with the BMW Club of Quebec. After the track dried out, I had quite a fun time. Despite running on street tires, I was only a couple of tenths off my best ever lap (1:59.0).

Here is a short video:



Unfortunately, in one of the last sessions of the day, I was pushing a bit too much and I slid off track into the guard rail. The damage to the front was not serious and I was able to drive home. I'm sure glad I was not driving a more expensive car!

Here is the slightly crooked front end of the Civic now:


I've already ordered new fenders, a blumper cover and a radiator support, to be installed by the Boyers. The Civic should come back looking straighter than it has in years!

Here are a few more photos from the day:






No comments:

Post a Comment