Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's a busy time, but a fun one!

Most of my spare time is now taken up with baby tasks and trying to catch up on sleep. Still, Alex and I are doing well and Jules is becoming more and more “interactive”, which is fun for us.

A couple of pics if Jules:

On his play mat

In his Polo outfit

At Canadian Tire mounting some tires for the Civic

At Perry Auto in Laval checking out some race tires

In the bath, maybe his favourite place of all


I did manage to head out to Monday night lapping this week, which was great. I managed to run three trouble-free sessions and, despite running on street tires (Hankook Ventus RS3’s), I managed my best lap time of the year (and, I believe, my best recorded lap ever), a 1:00.53. This was very satisfying after a two-month break from racing.

I also got to try out my new “bumper cam”. Here is a video I made:


There were a couple of cool cars on hand, including a new Maclaren. I was hoping to catch and pass it on the track (and capture this on video), but it pulled off the track after only a few laps. It was getting quite dark by then and I can’t blame the driver for shortening his session.



I will be heading to Tremblant this weekend with the Civic for what will most likely be the last track event of the year, with the BMW Club of Quebec. It should be pretty fun!

There are many cool cars still on the road. I saw my first Aston Martin Rapide… wow, what a nice sedan! The new BMW 6-series sedan is also quite nice. I also saw and heard a modified Fiat 500 Abarth… what a neat little car. It’s still too tall though.

Cool cars spotted:








Austin Healy 3000
Audi RS4
Audi RS5
Mercedes 230 SL
Mercedes 190e 2.3-16
Nissan GTR
Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
Nissan Skyline GTR R32
Rolls Royce Phantom convertible
Rolls Royce Phantom
Rolls Royce Ghost
Ferrari 308
Ferrari F355
Ferrari F430
Ferrari California
Ferrari 599
Ferrari Mondial T
AMG C63 Coupe
AMG G55
AMG CLS63
AMG C63 Black
AMG E63 Wagon (!)
AMG SLS
Lotus Elise
Fisker Karma (!)
Tesla Roadster (!)
Maclaren MP4-12C(!)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Shelby GT500
Aston Martin Rapide (!)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin Vainquish
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Alfa Romeo Spyder
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche 997 GT3
Porsche 993 Carrera S
Porsche 924S
Porsche 914
BMW 635csi
New BMW 6-series sedan

No comments:

Post a Comment