Thursday, September 29, 2011

It took a few days, but I have recovered.

It would have been nice (and maybe a good idea) to take a couple of days off after the marathon. Maybe next time! The recovery has not been too bad, although I feel that it was only yesterday that I felt I had caught up on rest and relaxation. My body feels fine, as I have no real aches and pains. I wasn't bleeding from anywhere after the race and I was able to walk the 3 km to work on Monday.

Because I feel fine, I was toying with the idea of doing another marathon in a few weeks to see if I could a) take advantage of the fact that I am still in pretty good shape after 12 weeks of training and b) qualify for the 2013 Boston Marathon with a time under 3:10. The bit of research I did suggested that it is unlikely one will turn in a top performance in two races only a few weeks apart. Also, I did not find any flat races nearby in late October or early November. I guess I am suffering a bit from the post-marathon down. I should be glad to have all this free time during the evenings and weekends! Also, the auto racing season is not quite over yet, with the ASE Lapping club organizing track days on October 1st and 8th at St-Eustache and the 10th at Mosport. My race car is at Marc's getting a new rad and axle. Hopefully, it will be ready before the weekend.

The girls' basketball season is underway and it is to refreshing to have a great assistant coach. Darlington really knows his basketball, despite his young age. He coaches two other teams, so I should't be too surprised. We will soon know when our first game is. My first practice in the men's league will take place Friday. I guess we will then see if I have recovered from the marathon or not!

Cool cars spotted:


Ferrari California
Ferrari F430
Aston Martin Vantage
Porsche 997 Turbo
Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati GT
BMW 635 CSi
BMW E30 M3
Bentley Continental GT
Buick Grand National
AMG SL63
AMG R63
AMG C63
MGB-GT
Corvette C6 Z06
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32

No comments:

Post a Comment