Friday, July 15, 2011

I guess the aches and pains aren't so bad...

The marathon training plan has been keeping me pretty busy. Four runs per week is a lot, not just in terms of exercise, but in time. Given that I still have a full time job, my evenings are pretty booked up. This is making summer fly by even faster than usual! The runs themselves are going well, although I know I am not always hitting my speed markers on the intervals. Tomorrow there is a particularly tough 3km "test" incorporated into a 12 km run. Yay.

Despite the heavy demands on my free time, on Monday, I managed to hit the track with the Civic for the first time in six weeks. Although the evening was cut short by rain, I managed to get in one and a half sessions on track. In my last session, after giving a few passenger laps to one of our more enthusiastic club members, I hooked up with Nick's E36 BMW for a few fun laps. Although I did not feel I was driving especially brilliantly or that the Civic had much grip on the hot tarmac, I managed to record by best lap ever at St-Eustache (a 1:01.32). I was pretty surprised. When I say best lap ever, I include the time when the car still had a 200 hp 1.8 liter engine. Here is a short video including this fast lap:



I've been driving the BMW a lot and was unhappy to note that, despite an alignment, the steering wheel is not centered. Also, because the steering angle was not reset during the alignment, the brake warning, traction control off and tire pressure warning lights all come on in yellow on the dash whenever I head out on the highway. This is supposed to be corrected by the alignment shop this afternoon. Otherwise, the car handles really well and fuel economy has even improved! Also, I am now addicted to air conditioning. I even use it with the sunroof open.

Cool cars spotted:
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Ferrari 575M
Ferrari California
Aston Marin DBS
Aston Martin Vantage
AMG C63
AMG G55
Porsche 997 Turbo
Audi R8 V10
Audi RS4
Lotus Elan+2
Maserati GT

No comments:

Post a Comment