Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still hot, still training, still fast on Monday nights!

The marathon training continues, as does the hot weather. I am running at night whenever possible to avoid the crushing heat and humidity. This has worked out well so far.

On Monday night at St-Eustache, I had another fun evening with the Civic. I managed to yet again best my fastest personal lap, with a time of 1:01.25, this time using Nitto tires instead of Toyo's (apparently, they have the exact same compound). I was pretty happy about that. My camera batteries were dead, so I don't have video.

I tried a student's Nissan 370Z (automatic) and it feels like a well-put-together car. My other students had a modified Camaro, a BMW 135i (still fun to drive) and a Lexus IS-F (I didn't try it). The Lexus left me a bit cold. The interior feels like quality, but it's a bit boring, except for the cool dash display. There is much less road feel than in a BMW M3. I guess this is a good car for those who mainly want a quick and comfortable street car more than a track car.

The M3 has not spit out any more fault codes since I had the steering angle sensor reset at the alignment shop. The only issue for now is that sometimes, when I go over a big bump, there is a clunk from one side of the rear suspension. The clunk then repeats on every bump for a while, then eventually disappears. Weird.


Out on the road, there are many exotic and luxury cars. It seems to me that there are more every year. Are people getting richer, or just going more heavily into debt?


Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 575M
Ferrari 599
Ferrari 348
Jaguar XF-R
Aston-Martin Vantage
Porsche 996 GT2
Porsche 996 GT3
Porsche 997 GT2
Cadillac XLR
Corvette Z06
Lexus IS-F
AMG G55
Audi R8 V10
Viper RT/10
Viper SRT10

No comments:

Post a Comment