Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Provincial basketball championship

Although my girls' basketball team was eliminated in the regional semi-finals a few weeks ago, my school's grade 11-12 team won their regional final and headed to the provincial final this past weekend. I went to help out as a second assistant coach and I saw what an impressive team my friend Pascal has built over the past four years. The girls won three of four games and took the provincial bronze medal. Their only loss came against the powerhouse Ecole Secondaire St-Laurent team, the easy gold medal winners (55 games per year, 200 practices!). I was proud to be part of our little Reine Marie basketball program.

My own team won our last regular season game and, since we finished in fourth place, we will have to win this Friday if we want to make it to the semi-finals.

This weekend, my club AISA will be holding our first race school of the season at St-Eustache. Although it doesn't seem we will have great weather, we will have an excellent instructor lineup, including Claude Bourbonnais and Kuno Wittmer. Pretty impressive. I hope to get in a few laps with the M3 and, if the car is ready in time, the race Civic as well.

Cool cars spotted:
Maserati GT
Aston Martin Vantage
Porsche 997 turbo
Audi RS4
Audi A4 Avant
Audi S6
Audi R8
BMW M5
BMW M3 E92
BMW M535i (RHD)
Dodge Viper
Lamborghini Gallardo
AMG E63

No comments:

Post a Comment