Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ahhh.... Summer!

Summer is rushing by in a flash. I've been enjoying the weather, going to St-Eustache on Monday nights to lap with the Civic as much as possible. Carl borrowed the car last weekend to race at the Ted Powell Memorial race weekend at Calabogie. Although he often complains that the car has no power with the stock engine, he seemed pretty happy with the way it performed for him. He managed some great lap times and a podium finish. He also beat our mutual friend Pascal, who was driving a more powerful Civic.

On Monday, I managed my best lap of the year in the Civic at St-Eustache, running on the Hoosier tires that Carl had bought for his spring race at ICAR. Here is a short video of my 1:03.54 lap:

I haven't planned which events I will be running in the Civic from now until the end of the season, but I will probably skip the War Bonnet Enduro at Mosport and instead race at the Fall Classic at Tremblant.

I haven't gone running much. Yesterday, I did a loop of the Olmsted trail on Mount Royal, about 13 km, with Nolin from the Running Room group. It had been a couple of weeks since I had gone out. I'm still in decent shape, but my heart rate was pretty high for the speed I was going. I have to get it together if I plan to run the Asics X-Trail at Orford again this year, as it is less than 12 weeks away.

News of Alex:

Alex is getting ready for a conference next weekend and then for her stay in Chicago, where she will be teaching a class for the fall semester. She has ordered her textbook and is preparing the class! She will be back in town for a visit after one month.

Cool cars spotted:

Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari F430
Ferrari California
Porsche 356
Porsche 996 GT2
Lotus Elise
Lotus Evora
Jaguar XKR
Aston Martin Vantage
Aston Martin DB7
Shelby GT350
Audi RS4
Audi 4000 Quattro
Triumph TR6
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32
AMG C63
Bentley Continental

No comments:

Post a Comment