Wednesday, April 8, 2009

OK, basketball season is over... time to think about the car!

Well, we lost. By one point. Our season is over because of one stupid point. I scored a 3-pointer with 10 seconds left, but it was too little, too late. I also missed a 3-pointer with about 50 seconds to go. I also missed two foul shots during the game, and a couple of other shots that should have gone in. Pascal's grade-9 team went to the regionals and finished 5th out of 16. They only lost once, but because of the order of the draw, they were eliminated early. The NCAA final game was not exciting at all. NC took an early lead and it never really shrank.

OK. Time to think abut car stuff! I'm going karting with Rob tonight. He has an enduro tomorrow night with a group of colleagues (I don't know why I wasn't invited!). I'm getting over a cold, but I figure when the adrenaline kicks in, I'll be fine.

Our race school is slowly filling up. The theoretical course will take place Friday the 17th, while the on-track action will take place the 18th and 19th.

I still have not done even the tiniest bit of work on the car. I received the OBD1 conversion harness I had ordered on Ebay, so I will be able to run the reprogrammed ECU as soon as we take the car out. This weekend is a long weekend and I hope it is warm enough so I can work on the car a bit. It was snowing today, so I don't know what to expect. It sure doesn't feel like spring.

Cool cars spotted:
Porsche 997 turbo
Lamborghini Diablo
C5 Corvette Z06

No comments:

Post a Comment