Friday, April 3, 2009

Basketball season winding down, racing season looming

Well, my grade 8 girls' basketball team did not make it past the first round of the playoffs. We lost 57-31 against the team that beat us by 40 earlier in the season. The girls played quite well in the second half, but it was too little, too late. The grade 9 team, coached by my friend Pascal, won the regional championship last weekend.

My own team will be playing game 3 tonight in our best of 3 semi-final. I really want us to win! Last week, we lost by 9 and I had a poor game offensively.

In other news, Alex found out she will e receiving funding for her post-doctoral work in Chicago, which is great news, professionally and financially. I guess there will be a few more road trips in my future!

I've slowly started planning the race season. The first event we will run with the race car will be the Sundown Grand Prix at Mosport on the weekend of May 18th. I have decided on a new name and car number for this year:
For the first race, Carl, JP and I will share driving duties. I hope we will soon be able to sort out who will do what to get the car ready. I just received the OBD1-OBD2 conversion harness so that we can reprogram the car's old ECU. I also received my Energy Suspension bushings, which will have to be installed. Hopefully, the car will be ready to test out in two weeks at the AISA school at St-Eustache.

I saw the new Kia Soul on the road. Looks nice. It seems that Kia has understood that great styling is something any car maker can afford, and that it sells cars.

Cool cars spotted:

Audi RS4
Audi S5
Audi S6 Avant
BMW M3
BMW M5
Ferrari Testarossa
Maserati GT
Bentley Continental Convertible
Triumph TR5

No comments:

Post a Comment