Friday, July 3, 2015

Car pictures and thoughts

There are many cool cars on the roads these days, as can be seen from these photos. It's been a while since I've given an opinion on newer models, so here goes:

BMW M4: I have seen a lot of these now, and I am now able to say I just don't like the way they look. The M3 (sedan) is so much nicer, as is the E92 M3, in coupe or sedan.

Honda Fit: design-wise, it seems a step backwards to me. Too much plastic.

Ford Mustang: I like the updated look. The proportions are right and the car looks the business.

Mercedes C63 AMG: it looks kind of boring. The disappearance of the 6.2 liter V8 makes also makes the car much less appealing to me than the previous generation. 

Porsche 991 GT3: I don't know exactly why, but I don't really like the way it looks. Maybe it's too plasticky...

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat: it looks more impressive in person than in photos. I thought it would look like a mishmash of designs, but it has a cohesive look.

C7 Corvette: I don't love the rear lights, but the over all effect of the design is nice: it looks exotic. I really don't like the little lips over the wheel arches on the Z06 though... I guess it was a legality issue for the wide tires or something. Also, looks amazing in dark grey. 

Older stuff: 
The Ford GT still looks amazing. It really looks exotic, like it has no place on the street.

Ferrari 360 Modena: I like the way it looks with the right wheels. I like that it's quite a small car too. It doesn't look "current", but it's still attractive looking (sort of the way I feel about my M3).

Speaking of the M3, I recently had the rear springs changed the rear springs changed, as one of them was broken, and the car just feels great. I also had the pads and discs changed (my DBA discs did over 80 000 km, and they were used when I got the car). I think that mechanically, the car has never been better since I've owned it. There is not a single item, even small, that needs to be repaired (knock on wood, but this will not last). I bought a buffer and will try to do something to make the paint look new when I can find the several hours required to do it.

C4 Corvette ZR1, rare and cool.
993 Carrera 4S, still looks great...

... as does this first-generation Viper
The surprisingly good-looking Charger Hellcat

Fast and good-looking 991 Turbo. Wheels are ugly, however.
Slightly boring C63 AMG
Much cooler C63 AMG, rare in this colour
The Ferrari 599 is just a great-looking car
I quite like the look of the new Mustang
Twin-turbo Gallardo and Huracan 
One of the best-looking cars of the past decade. I prefer the coupe though.

No comments:

Post a Comment