Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer is here and we're busy!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we bought a new condo and will be moving at the end of summer. We have decided to try to sell our current place using Duproprio. Our first open house will take place this Sunday. The new place has two more bedrooms, a garage and indoor storage room. It's less than one kilometer from our present condo. It should be great!

We have been busy getting the condo ready to sell since our return from vacation. I have not had much time to devote to the Civic, but Pat is working on the engine and Pascal, on the tranny. Hopefully all will be ready for the race weekend at ICAR on July 6th and 7th.

On St-Jean-Baptiste Day last Monday, we met our friends Nico and Solenne at a campground in the Eastern Townships and Jules got to try swimming again. I know everyone thinks their kid is the greatest, but I could not believe how comfortable he was in the water. As I carried him around, he kept trying to jump out of my arms. I dunked him under the water a couple of times and he didn't seem to mind at all. OK, so that is nothing special... but then I borrowed some water wings and put them on his arms, and when I put him in the water, he started swimming on his own! I even have it on video. Of course, he could not fully keep his head above the water and ended up swallowing some, but he was swimming totally on his own. I was astounded that a 10-month old with almost no experience of even being in a pool could do this. Just wow!

Other than that, you can tell it's summer by the insane amount of cool cars out there.

Spotted:

Nissan Skyline GR-R R32
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 575
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Ferrari F355
Ferrari 360
Jaguar XKR-S
Amphicar (!)
Audi RS4
Audi R8
Audi 4000 quattro
Audi 200 quattro Avant
Audi S6 Avant
BMW 1M
BMW 3.0 CSL
AMG E63 wagon
Porsche 911 964
Porsche 911 997 GT3
Porsche 928 GTS
Porsche 968
Triumph TR7
Triumph Spitfire
Dodge Challenger (70's)
New Porsche Cayman
Alfa Romeo Spider 2600
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Rolls-Royce Ghost
Rolls-Royce Phantom
Tesla Roadster
Tesla Model S
Lotus Evora
Lotus Elise
Corvette ZR1
Maybach 57S
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Classic Mini








No comments:

Post a Comment