Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy and tired!

I have been so busy I haven't had time to post. Here are some updates on various topics:

The Marathon: the training plan continues. However, I stupidly waited for the last minute to register and the event sold out. I decided to find another marathon as close as possible to the same date as Montreal's and I lucked out: the Adirondack Marathon is only 217 km away and is held on the same day as the Montreal event. It is going to be much hillier than the Montreal event, but the scenery should be a lot nicer. It is too late to qualify for Boston 2012, but a time under 3:10 would qualify me for 2013. This is probably not realistic, given that this looks to be a tough course, but I will do what I can. I have started to train a bit on Mount Royal to work in some elevation changes. Yesterday, I ran on country roads near Oshawa, where I was staying because of the Mosport race. I got to try out some almost kilometer long hills to get a feeling for them. There are only a coulel of short runs left in the training plan before Sunday's race.

Basketball: I have been assigned Darlington as my assistant coach and we have pretty much selected our team (grade 8 and 9). After a couple of practices, I em enthusiastic about what we can do with two coaches and the girls we have chosen.

Racing: I haven't written my full report yet, but the Mosport race weekend went quite well. Pascal and I and the car are in one piece, I recorded a best lap of 1:41.261, a second faster than in the spring, and we finished 5th in class in the enduro, due to a bit of bad luck. More details to follow.

Cool cars spotted:

Ferrari California
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 308
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Aston Martin Vantage
Porsche 997 Turbo
Nissan GTR
Nissan Skyline GTR R32
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati GT
Audi R8
BMW 633
BMW M3 (E30)
Flat black Bentley Continental GT
Bentley Arnage
Audi Uber 8
Audi R8
AMG SLS
AMG CLS63
Triumph TR3

No comments:

Post a Comment