Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Big week for the Diamonds

Today the Reine Marie Diamonds played their third game of the season. I was expecting a relatively easy win, as the team against which we were playing got crushed by Regina Assumpta, a team that only beat us by ten points. They had also lost to the team we beat by 15 in our second game.

I don't know if the problem was overconfidence, but the beginning of the game went very badly for us. Our defense was shaky and our offense was non-existent. We were down 8-2 after a couple of minutes. The second quarter was not bad and we went into half time tied at 23. Fortunately, our defense came together in the second half and we held the other team to 7 points. We missed many easy shots and put-backs, but still managed to win 43-30. We never had a big enough lead so that I could play my bench. I don't know if the girls were stressed out, but if they were, it was my fault. I have to find a way to get them fighting right from the beginning of the game. We can beat all the other teams if we play well. We have two games this weekend, both against teams we can beat. I have to find a way to motivate my troops!

My own team lost again. We are really not playing to our full potential. Also, we found out that one of our guards is out for the season with a torn ACL. I scored 17 points, but I missed many easy shots. We have the night off this Friday.

News of Alex:
Alex was offered a professor job at Concordia! I am super proud of her and very happy that Concordia saw her potential (they better, after a 10-hour interview!). The position begins next summer. I'm also very glad she will be staying in Montreal.

Also, Alex getting this great job allows us to buy a new (used) car. I went to try out a 2006 BMW 325i. I like the car a lot, but the one I saw had a couple of small issues and too much mileage. I briefly toyed with the idea of importing a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 from the USA, but I realized that it was going to be difficult to find a good one with my limited budget. It's not that easy to find a great BMW 325i with my budget either, but there is no hurry.

I'm watching Hell's Kitchen, and Chef Ramsay is yelling at his chefs: "It's like you're doing it on purpose!" I felt like yelling this during the Diamonds games at some point, but I managed to hold back. I believe in positive reinforcement, but it's hard not to yell sometimes!

Cool cars spotted:
Audi R8 V10 Spider
Porsche 997 Turbo S
Bentley Continental
AMG C63
BMW M5 V10
Audi RS6
Audi S6 V10
Aston Martin Vantage

No comments:

Post a Comment