Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog Title Change

As you may have noticed, I just changed the title of this blog. I felt that a title referring only to automotive topics no longer reflected the content of the blog. In fact, since I started this blog a couple of years ago, my hobbies have multiplied and I have found myself writing about running, coaching and playing basketball, and several other topics... hence the name change.

As an illustration of this, I don't really have anything automotive to post about. As far as the other topics go:

Girl's basketball: our team suffered our worst defeat ever last week against the first place team in the league. We lost 56-17. I think we only had 3 points at half, so there was a decent improvement in the second half. The other team was very fast and they could shoot and play defense too. We really had no chance to win, but I would have preferred a closer game. I think the girls were a little stunned at the beginning of the game and they played a bit nervously. I have to learn to show them how to play with confidence even against superior teams.

My own team has done OK. We lost by 5 points 2 weeks ago. I had 14 points in the first half and none in the second. I missed two foul shots in the last minutes, as well as a 3-pointer. Could this have made a difference in the outcome? Maybe. Last Friday, we won by about 20 (I scored my season high: 16). I stuck around to sub in for another team and we won that game as well, so it was a good night.

Nico's dad Christian drafted a 12-week marathon training plan for me, for which I am thankful. The training will officially start in March, but I have to be in decent shape from the beginning. That means that my current 2 runs per week are insufficient. After my half-marathon this Saturday, I will start running 3 times per week. As for Saturday's race, I would like to put in a good time, although I suspect I will be closer to 1:35 than to 1:30. Christian said that if I want to do a marathon in 3:15, I need to be able to do 3 km in 11:30. I am still waiting for the weather to be warm enough to try to set a fast 3 km time.

Saturday will be a long day, as I have the half-marathon at 9:00 and I'm coaching my girls at 12:00, as well as Val's grade 9 girls at 4:00. Did I mention I also have a basketball game Friday night and parties to attend both Friday and Saturday? Sunday will likely be spent on the couch watching the Olympics.

Speaking of the Olympics, I'm so glad that Alex Bilodeau managed to take Canada's first gold medal on home soil. Maybe glad isn't the right work... relieved?

Cool cars spotted:
AMG C63
Audi S5 convertible
BMW M3
BMW M6

No comments:

Post a Comment