As we had done two summers ago, we contacted my cousin Georges in Monaco and told him we would like to come and see him. My favourite thing to do in Monaco is walk around and spot cool cars. In my first minutes after we parked, I saw a Bugatti Chiron, but I was too slow to get a decent photo. We met my cousin and his mother, my aunt, and we had a really nice lunch at La Note Bleu. I hadn't seen my aunt since 1996 (my first time in Europe), and she seemed to be in great shape for someone in her 80's. At the boys's request, we hung out at the beach at Larvotto. Oscar said it was his favourite beach of the trip. After we left my cousin and aunt, we took the elevator up to the part of town where the casino was so we could do some car spotting. The casino did not disappoint, as the photos below will show. I kind of wondered what were the odds of bumping into an F1 driver, as the F1 season was on its summer break. Sure enough, on our way back to the car at the end of the day, we crossed paths with Fernando Alonso! I took a pic as he was walking away. I didn't want to bother him while he was on his day off. Although I was 90% sure it was him, I looked online to see if the real Fernando Alonso has a tatto on his neck like the one in my photo, and he does. It was an exciting ending to a fun day.

 |
| Blurry photo of a Bugatti Chiron |
 |
| Baby blue 296 |
 |
| ... with a nice stripe |
 |
| Just a 488 |
 |
| Satin black 812 |
 |
| Metallic yellow SF90 |
 |
| Another 812 |
 |
| One of several Purosangues |
 |
| A 275 GTB/4 in a dealership |
 |
| Super rare 812 Competizione |
 |
| Very nice spec |
 |
| Another 488 |
 |
In the parking garage, an early Testarossa Monospecchio
|
 |
| Another yellow SF90 |
 |
| First time I have seen the 12-Cilindri |
 |
| FF |
 |
| Another SF90, on a portion of road that I think is part of the F1 circuit |
 |
| All the Lambos I saw were V12's (except for the Urus's) |
 |
| Aventador SV |
 |
| Blurry pic of a Revuelto |
 |
| One of many Urus's |
 |
| Revuelto at the Casino |
 |
| More extreme than the SV, the Aventador SVJ |
 |
| Another Revuelto at the Casino |
 |
| One of many Bentley Contrinentals |
 |
| Mulsanne |
 |
| Awesome wheels on this Rolls |
 |
| Spectre looks great in this colour |
 |
| There was more than one |
 |
| Azure fits in well in Monaco |
 |
| I think this is a Brabus? |
 |
| Still love the AMG SLS |
 |
| SLS and Maybach SL68 |
 |
| Ultimate Mercedes lineup! SLS, SL680, Mclaren-Mecedes SLR, and AMG GT-R |
 |
| Brabus 900 G-Wagon |
 |
| Not sure if it's a "Rocket Edition", 1 of 30 |
 |
| Mecedes 4x4 Squared |
 |
| Maybach SL680 |
 |
| A more typical Maybach |
 |
| Another Mclaren Mercedes SLS... |
 |
| ... The 722 Edition |
 |
| New GT3 RS |
 |
| ... also at the casino |
 |
| Spotted in a dealership while we were walking by, Porsche 962C, EUR 995 000 |
 |
| Super rare 993 Carrera RS, looks like it's daily driven! |
 |
| Nice 928 |
 |
| Ferrari and Lambo SUV's |
 |
| I had seen a Microlino like this in Florence |
 |
| Mini Moke is quite popular |
 |
| Nice R8 |
 |
| GR Yaris |
 |
| SVJ and SLR |
 |
| Casino entrance |
 |
| Surprising spot: old Focus RS |
 |
| Chop-top Fiat 500 |
 |
| New Cooper S John Cooper Works |
 |
| Clean C3 corvette |
 |
| Gumball Rally participant? |
 |
| Great colour for an Aston Martin |
 |
| More subtle colour here |
 |
| Is this the same Lagonda I saw two years ago? |
 |
| The woman who came out of it knew the man who came out of the 722 |
 |
| Standard Monaco mix |
 |
| nice white cars |
 |
| SVJ with the door up |
 |
| Just a supermarket |
No comments:
Post a Comment