Monday, January 11, 2016

Last night I got off the couch...

... and went running. Both boys were in bed, it was still 4 degrees outside, and there was no snow or ice on the road. My calf seemed to have healed, so there was no real reason not to go. I had not been in 3 or 4 months.

I started out slowly, but feeling good. I felt out of shape (cardio-wise), and my legs felt heavy. In the second half of the run, several of my leg muscles felt quite tight, including my calf. Still, I managed to finish the run, the last kilometer in the rain.

I felt pretty darn good afterwards, however, and I'm glad I got off the couch and did it. I am a bit sore this morning, but I'm pretty sure it's just the regular soreness of having run after a long break, and not the sign of any injury. My calf will get a true test this Friday at basketball.

On an unrelated topic, check out this lovely E30 M3, which, incredibly, I spotted parked on the street on December 26th:




No comments:

Post a Comment