Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Still no Civic... thinking about affordable classics

I am seriously wondering if I would be better off owning a classic car instead of a race car. I guess I will decide in the next few months, once I get the Civic back.

I came across this 635csi in the Ontario classifieds:


It's a bit pricey at 8999$, but if you consider that my plan was to buy a car for 5000$ and then upgrade it, it's not so bad, given that it has the following:

Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks from Germany 
Lowering springs
15mm rear spacers from Stance Factory
New Stebro Performance exhaust system ($1,100) 
Used BavAuto headers 
MotorWork Front and Rear Sway Bars
Dinan Chip
BBS wheels

These are all items I would have eventually liked to add. If this were a straight trade for the Civic, I would probably take it. I don't think the Civic is worth nearly enough though...

I cam across this car on another motoring website. The 5-series can look pretty cool when it's properly modified.


As I was walking around the neighbourhood with J. and my sister, we came across a garage that fixes almost exclusively new Mini's. Jules is fascinated with Mini's. It's a car he easily identifies on the street (along with 911's and Fiat 500's). There were about 15 of them there. The garage owner, a friendly guy named Adam, asked Jules if he wanted to sit in one. He loved the experience, as can be seen here:



I'm not trying to make the boy into a gear-head, but I'm not not-trying either.



Anyway, Pat says we will pick up the Civic engine next week. I hope we do! It feels like the track driving season is slipping away... this is maybe why I am thinking of classic cars so much: you can just take them out any time, right?

Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari 599
Ferrari F430
Ferrrari 360
Ferrari 458
Shelby GT350
Delorean
Lotus Evora
Maserati GT
Maserati Ghibli
BMW 2002
AMG SLS
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Audi R8 V10
Hummer H1

Cool car, awesome colour
300 CE-24... future classic?
Ultra clean, but I don't love these wheels for this car

No comments:

Post a Comment