Friday, May 30, 2014

Finally picked up the new engine!

I'm very excited now that Pat and I have picked up my shiny new (OK, old and used) engine from EngineLand, a Japanese engine import shop. I hope Pat can install is as soon as possible and that I can start driving the darn car! I don't actually have a ton of free time to attend events, but I think at this point, I would even enjoy just driving on the street a bit.

The weather is very nice these days and Alex and I get to spend a lot of time outdoors with Jules. Here he is in front of our favourite supermarket, PA, on the last day before their move to a new location.


Here's J. in Old Montreal playing with the toy Mini Alex brought him from Hawaii. He loves Mini's!


We took Jules to the Tam-Tam on Mount Royal last Sunday. Not my favourite choice of activity, but he seemed to enjoy it.


Physically, I have had an uncomfortable week, as I deeply aggravated a sciatic nerve issue when I went for a 10 km run last Monday. The run itself was fine (not quick, but fine). However, beginning on Tuesday, I had a lot of pain in my lower back. I can barely sit down for more than a few minutes without having to change positions, and it isn't easy to sleep either. Luckily, I was able to get a last-minute appointment with a physiotherapist yesterday and the situation is somewhat improved, although I am still pretty uncomfortable. Hopefully, by doing the exercises the physio prescribed, things will improve.

We are fast approaching vacation season. Alex and I are heading to Vancouver at the end of next week for 4 days, and a couple of weeks after that, we will be heading to England on our family trip. I can't wait!

Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari 599
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360
Ferrari California
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin DB7
Audi R9 V10
Maserati GT
Porsche 997 GT3
MGA
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Mercedes E63S Wagon

Not sure if this is a "Scuderia" edition
I absolutely love these 80's style wheels on a modern Ferrari
One of my favourite cars of the past few years
Jules has a toy 599 and he knows this is a Ferrari
Another case where the right wheels improve a car: 997 wheels on a 996 turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment