Monday, May 12, 2014

Another race school goes by, still no laps on track for me!

At least the students got a lot of track time. As is often the case at Calabogie, some of my advanced students had some pretty neat track machines, including this BMW 135 race car and this Porsche 997 GT3 Cup car. I also had 5 Mustangs in my group of 13, including a 302R race car.







Sadly, Jules was sick with had-foot-mouth and I ended up leaving him and Alex at home. He is recovering and his usual good mood has returned. Alex is going to Hawaii for a conference tomorrow for 6 days, so it will be just Jules and me at home (although my mom may stay over for a couple of days).

My race car is still not ready. I hope it will be soon though... this summer-like weather is really making me miss my car...

I have to say that the M3 is a fantastic car for eating up highway miles. Even the super-boring drive between Montreal and Ottawa seemed to go by quickly.

Speaking of street cars, I managed to arrange a little test drive of Matt Miron's AMG C63 at Calabogie. He was gracious enough to hand over the keys so I could try it on the back roads of Calabogie. A short drive was enough to convince me that I would rapidly lose my license driving a car with this much torque. Every time I floored the gas in 3rd gear, I was going ridiculously fast within a couple of seconds. It's hard to believe Mercedes ever decided to produce such a beast of a car...


Mustangs weren't the only popular car: there were a bunch of Scion FRS (and Subaru BRZ). The cars are impressive on track, and I think the owners had a great time. 


Spotted in the paddocks at Calabogie
Cool cars spotted:
Nissan Fairlady Z
Nissan GTR
Datsun 280Z
AMG E63 wagon
AMG G55
BMW M5 E28
BMW M5 E39
BMW 320i E21
Lexus ISF
Shelby GT500
Hummer H1
Rolls Royce Wraith
Audi RS4
Audi RS6
Jaguar XF-R
Jaguar XKR-S
McLaren MP4
Porsche 997 GT2
Porsche 991 Turbo
McLaren SLR (!)
Lamborghini Aventador (!)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Volvo P1800
Ferrari 599
Ferrari 360
Ford GT
Saab 9000 Aero
Acura NSX
Mazda RX7 FD
Aston Martin Virage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
New SRT Dodge Viper



 








1 comment:

  1. awww... I'm sure your race car will be ready soon, and you'll have some well-deserved fun Monday night lapping sessions! :)
    Hawaii is nice but I really wish you guys were here :(

    ReplyDelete