Friday, April 11, 2014

I think spring is here!

Yesterday, the temperature in Montreal reached 15 degrees. Also, I saw a Lotus Elise being driven with the roof off. Final clue that spring was here: I saw a Lamborghini.

Sadly, my own summer car is nowhere near being ready to drive. I will surely not be ready for the first race school in two weeks. Oh well...

The BMW is running flawlessly, although some jerk vandalized the car in a shopping center parking lot, removing the side marker lights, the BMW badges and the little M-badges in the side gills. Luckily, I was able to order replacement "Made in China" parts on Ebay for under 100$. Still, very annoying!

I also repaired the broken passenger-side mirror by replacing a broken metal mounting plate (had it shipped from a friendly guy in Singapore) and it was really like a puzzle to assemble all the parts of the power-heated-mirrors in the proper order. I was more than a little surprise when I saw that it worked properly...

My basketball team won both games of the semi-finals and we will be playing in the finals starting tonight. I think we have the right team to go all the way, but our opponents are very tough, with serious outside shooting.

I have seen a couple of new cars on the road. The new Subaru STi looks better in real life than in pictures and is a decent-looking car. The Maserati Ghibli is very nice, and has much better proportions than the current Quattroporte.


Other than that, family life is good. Jules is at a really fun age where he can understand and use language and he is generally in a very good mood, although I can see somewhat what the terrible twos might soon be like.

Here is a photo of J. with the official "Flock of Seagulls" hair style:


And here is a photo of J. "doing stuff" to my laptop. Maybe he will be our go-to guy for setting up our electronic devices before too long?


Cool cars spotted:
New AMG E63
AMG G55
AMG S63
AMG CLS63
AMG C63 Coupe
BMW M5 E39
BMW M6 V10
Citroen XM
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Lotus Elise
Maserati Ghibli
Maserati GT
New Subaru STi
1st generation Subary Legacy Turbo
Porsche 996 Turbo
Porsche 997 Turbo S
Classic Mini
Fisker Karma
Audi Ur-S4
Audi RS4
Audi R8

No comments:

Post a Comment