Thursday, April 24, 2014

First race school this weekend, Civic is not ready...

I can't believe the first race school is taking place this weekend. Sadly, I will not have my Civic at the track, as it is far from ready. The early spring has gone by so fast. Alex and I have both been busy with work, but I managed to take Good Friday off so that I could change the sunroof mechanism on the BMW. I was estimating it would take somewhere between 3 and 10 hours. It took 5, pretty much all day. You have to remove a lot of interior parts to take out the headliner! I'm so glad the sunroof works again though, especially as the weather is warming up.

2 BMW sunroof mechanisms
On Friday night, my basketball team lost game 2 of the best-of-three finals, after we had won game 1. The deciding game will take place tomorrow evening.

Jules continues to be very entertaining. He is now able to string a couple of words together and make mini-sentences. He is also able to maneuver through various apps on Alex's Android tablet.

Shadow of Jules at breakfast
We went out for a nice walk on Easter Monday that took us to the Lachine Canal and Old Montreal. Here is a picture of Jules in the running stroller.

J. on the Lachine Canal

Jules and his grandmother at Easter brunch
Jules received chocolate goodies from various family members, but, as we don't let him eat chocolate yet, I am the one who had to sacrifice myself and dispose of all that chocolate.

As far as car-spotting goes, spring is definitely here. I have seen a bunch of Ferrari's and other exotics in the past few days. I can't wait to get the Civic back with its new engine!

Cool cars spotted:

Ferrari 360
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 599
Ferrari F12
Mclaren MP4
Nissan GT-R
Porsche 991 Turbo
Lexus IS-F
New BMW M5
BMW M6 V10
BMW M5 V10
Maserati Ghibli
Maserati GT
Saab Tubo X
Jaguar XKR-S
Rolls-Royce Phantom
Bentley Mulsanne
Jaguar F-Type S
Audi R8 GT
Aston Martin Virage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Audi RS5
Audi RS4
Audi Ur-S6 Avant
Mercedes CL600
New AMG S63
AMG E63 wagon

M5 is subtle, for a car with 560 hp

California and Phantom





Rare wingless STi
  
6.0 liter V12!

No comments:

Post a Comment