Thursday, September 12, 2013

We have officially moved

Moving house takes up a lot of one's free time... almost all of it, in fact. I took the race car for a spin on the road the other day only to find out it had been losing coolant, which led to overheating. Not only do I not have time to drive the car, I don't even have time to fix it! I will be dropping the car at Marc's house tomorrow, and hopefully he can find out what is wrong with the cooling system, fix the idle, which is too low, and find a way to make the exhaust system bolts stay tight. Luckily, the next race is only in a month.

Other than that, the move has been more painless than it could have been, mainly due to three reasons:
1) We hired professional movers, and they did a great job
2) Alex obsessively unpacked all 42 boxes of our stuff and found places for each item on the first day in the new condo
3) We hired professional painters, and they got the whole place painted in only a few days.

Now, we are at the stage of decorating and buying furniture... there is a lot more room in the new place. What I really look forward to, though, is the end of the repairs to the garage floor, which will actually let us use the garage, as well as our storage area.

Jules seems to have adapted to his new surroundings, including a new smaller bath and a play room.


Although I had no time to coach a basketball team this year, I decided I would start playing again with the Two Mountains Men's Basketball Association. The pickup games start tomorrow, and I know I will be quite rusty, as I haven't played a game in over a year. Also, I have a stupid cold!

There are a crazy number of cool cars out on the road these days. The other day, just in my walk home from work, I saw a Jaguar XKR-S, a Gallardo, an R8 V10, a Ferrari 456 and a Porsche 997 GT3. Where do people get the money to buy all these cars? There are also several cool more "affordable" cars out there, like this M5 and debadged AMG. 


  

The Panamera almost looks good when it's lowered 




Cool cars spotted:
BMW Z8
BMW M5 (E28)
BMW M5 (E39)
BMW 850ci
BMW 633csi
BMW 2002
Lotus Elan (FWD)
Fisker Karma
Lamborghini Gallardo
Audi RS4
Audi R8 V10
Porsche 997 GT3
Porsche 996 Turbo S
Porsche 911 S (1970's)
Mercedes 190 2.3-16
Aston Martin Virage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 456
Ferrari 550
Peugeot 205 GTi
AMG C36

No comments:

Post a Comment