Wednesday, September 25, 2013

There is lots to do when you move...

I don't think I properly realized how much work it would be to move... I mean, we hired professional movers and painters. It takes a long time to choose bathroom accessories, curtains, and furniture that is affordable but still looks and feels nice. Also, you have to move or install all these items. Still, things are progressing and it is quite satisfying.

I don't actually have access to the garage yet, as repair work is being carried out. It should be ready in a few weeks... can't wait!

Drooling J. with his new loudest toy
Jules seems to enjoy having several rooms to play in, at least, although I would say he is not 100% "settled in" yet. Having a little park just outside our front door is really nice. My walk to work is mostly the same, although I walk more along Parc avenue now, which allows me to see a few nice cars heading to/from downtown (saw a Ferrari F12 there yesterday).

We went to a farming expo the other day, and Jules got to see many animals up close, although he was not as impressed as he was with a bail of hay and a giant pumpkin.

J. and uncle Billy with a giant pumpkin

My return to basketball was a bust... after less than 10 minutes, I got hit in the calf by someone's knee and could barely limp around after that. Now, 12 days later, it finally feels like I could play again.

The Civic was supposed to get the rest of its engine rebuild, but neither Marc nor Pat had time to do the work, so I will have to run the last race with the car as-is. I didn't mention it in my last post, but the Civic did not do so well on the dyno... 174 whp, 10 less than last year. A few days ago, Marc and Sajan performed a leak-down test and found that one cylinder was down 50% on compression. After the last race, Pat will have time to finish the engine work, and install the .050 over pistons. I look forward to having all the power back (then parking the car for the winter!).

Cool cars spotted:

Ferrari F12
Ferrari F430
Lotus Elise 
Nissan GT-R
Tesla Roadster
Porsche 997 Turbo S
Porsche 964
Porsche 928
Jaguar XKR-S
Porsche 930 Slantnose
Audi R8
Audi RS5
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin DB9


This Elise looked like it meant business with its Team Dynamics wheels


Cool colour


No comments:

Post a Comment