Friday, February 22, 2013

It looked like winter was over...

.. and then it wasn't! It snowed several days this past week and I haven't even bothered to dig out the BMW. I've been using public transit to get to basketball and it's actually pretty relaxing. The problem is that I get home later and it's already J's bed time!

At least it's been warmer, and Jules has been getting to go outside a lot, which he seems to like.

In other baby news, Jules has been sleeping better and better and is almost always in a good mood.

Bucket-of-Jules!
 He has also started eating solid foods. He seems to like cereal more than veggies, but he has so far eaten a bit of everything offered, thanks to Alex's patience! One advantage of this is that J. no longer needs to be breastfed in the middle of the night, which allows us all to sleep better.

I'm not sure if I like this...
There has been a lot going on with my boys' basketball team. My best player was kicked off the team because he became ineligible to play, having played too many games in a higher-level league. We were also stripped of out points for one game. As a result, we dropped way down in the standings. We also lost two games in a row before finally winning in convincing fashion yesterday (44-25) against Jean-Eudes. I am quite proud of the way they played yesterday... they really worked hard and 9 different players scored points. I think the boys may finally realize they don't need the former best player to win a game.

I have managed to go on a few morning runs before work, and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Often, I am awake before the alarm rings because of a certain baby, who often likes to make noise in the morning to signify that he is ready to start his day!

Jules at Carl's Superbowl party, playing with a mini autocross cone that Carl gave him (and which is actually a trophy won by Carl) 
The race car is nowhere near ready for the new season, but I am finding the parts I need and gradually bringing them to Pat Boyer's place so he can install them. If I get really organized, there is a time trial at Lime Rock on April 13th... could be fun!

Dirty M3, clean Evo
Not a lot of these still on the road! 
Cool cars spotted:
Nissan GTR
Tesla Model S
Mazda Familia GTX or GTR?
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche 997 Targa 4
Porsche 993
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte 
Classic Mini
AMG C63 Coupe
Audi ur-S4
Audi S8
Audi RS4
Jaguar XKR Coupe (loud!)
Bentley Arnage
Mercury Marauder
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8

No comments:

Post a Comment