Wednesday, May 16, 2012

When will I get to drive my race car again???


Last Friday, my men’s team won game 2 of our playoff series. I didn’t play a great game offensively, but I contributed on defence. Winner take all this Friday evening!

I was back at the track yet again Saturday instructing with the BMW Club of Quebec. Again, I had no car. The Civic was almost ready, but I did not have my new header yet, so Pat could not complete the job.  I did get to go out for a few minutes in Amélie’s nicely modified E36 M3. I forgot to shut off the traction control, so I was not as “quick” as I might have been. I did get to enjoy several laps chasing and being chased by a Porsche Cayman R. There were some pretty nice cars there, including a very rare Porsche 911 GT3 4.0.

Photobucket
M535i

Photobucket
1M

Photobucket
E30 M3

Alex and I dropped by Rob’s place and it was a good opportunity to photograph our cars, as they were all clean at the same time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rob and Alex and her baby bump (and Rob’s M3)

Photobucket

On Monday, it was back to St-Eustache for ASE’s lapping night. Sadly, I still did not have a car. AARRGHHH! There were some neat cars on hand, as usual.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I should have my Civic back tomorrow. There is a time attack at St-Eustache Monday and I REALLY want to be in it! Also, Jam and Pierre may borrow the car for the road race being held the same day. If all goes well with the car, I will probably enter the Spring Classic at Tremblant the following weekend. Stay tuned!

A Rare Mercedes 500E

Photobucket
  
Cool cars spotted:

At BMW day:
E30 M3
E24 M535i
Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 (!)
Porsche 928 S4

At St-Eustache:
Corvette C6 ZR1
Acura NSX
BMW Z4M Coupe
Dodge Viper SRT10

On the street :
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 360
Maserati GT
Bentley Continental
Volkswagen A2 Golf Gti 16v
Volkswagen Golf R
Volkswagen Corrado
Porsche 911 Carrera (1980’s)
Porsche 991
Porsche 997 turbo
Mercedes 500E
AMG C63
AMG C63 Coupe
AMG E63
Audi R8 V10
Audi Ur-S6
BMW M5
Flat Grey E92 BMW M3
Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
Alfa Romeo Spyder

No comments:

Post a Comment