Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A lot of time spent at the track...



Apart from my failed attempt to run a 12-hour enduro a few days ago, there have been other car-related events going on.

First, there was ASE Lapping Club’s first Monday night lapping. The weather was clear and there were dozens of cars. The evening went smoothly and I think there were quite a few happy campers. Here is a neat pic that shows how popular M3’s have become at our events.

Photobucket
M3-M3-AMG-M3-M3

The Civic is still awaiting its new engine. Unfortunately it will not be ready before the BMW Club of Quebec track day at St-Eustache this Saturday. Here is a rare pic of both my cars together.

Photobucket

On Friday night, my basketball team played in the first game of the finals. After being down 28 points in the second half, we came back part of the way to lose by 7. We have to play quite a bit better in game 2 this Friday, or the season will be over.

The next morning, I woke up at 4:30 am to head to Calabogie for the second AISA school. I did not have a track car, but I made arrangements to go out for a few laps in this:

Photobucket

It’s a Formula Mazda powered by a carburetted 13b rotary engine. It weighs something like 1150 pounds. I took it very easy during my few laps on the track, but I was still able to understand why people love formula cars. The car I sat in after lunch felt huge and heavy.

There was once again some rare machinery on display at the track. Here is a pic of maybe the rarest car there, a Panoz Esperante:

Photobucket

After a full weekend of track activity (and a trip to the dentist), I headed back to St-Eustache for our second lapping evening of the year. The weather was beautiful and again, there were many cool cars out there:
   
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


It doesn’t feel all that great to go to the track every few days without my track car. I hope I will get it back quite soon…

Cool cars spotted:
Aston Martin Vantage
BMW M6
Audi R8
Audi Ur-S4
Corvette Z06 (C5)
Corvette Z06 (C6)
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari F430
Ferrari F360
Porsche 914
Porsche 928 GTS
Porsche 996 turbo
Porsche 997 turbo
Porsche 993 turbo
Nissan GT-R
Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
Maserati Quattroporte
Alpina B7
AMG SL63
AMG G55
AMG C63 Coupe
AMG SLS convertible
Lexus IS-F
Lotus Exige
Volkswagen Golf R
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 1


No comments:

Post a Comment