Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring racing season is upon us.

It's been a quiet couple of weeks on the basketball front. I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters with some of the girls from the team and it was actually more entertaining than I had expected. Other than that, my men's team was off for two weeks and we will play in our first playoff game tonight.

The focus over the coming weeks will be car racing activities. Next weekend, our club, AISA, will be holding our race school at the St-Eustache Autodrome, as we do every spring. I hope to get in a few laps in the race car. The following week will be my biggest race ever: the 12-hour enduro at New Jersey Motorsports Park with the SCCA. The planning for that event is coming along well and we have all the parts and tires that we need for the trusty Civic. The next week after that is another racing school, this time at Calabogie. At least this weekend, I will be able to relax a bit before the chaos begins.

I put my new Falken FK452 tires on the M3 and was pleasantly surprised that the ride was not more harsh than with the soft-sidewalled winter tires. I also noticed that my second set of 18-inch wheels is of a lighter metallic colour than the ones that came with the car. Here is a picture:

Photobucket

There are many nice cars out and about now that spring is here. Here is a pic of a rare Ferrari 400i. I think the design has aged quite well.

Photobucket

That's all for now!

Cool cars spotted:

Rolls-Royce Phantom
AMG G55
AMG E55
AMG C63
AMG CLS63
Volkswagen Golf R
Volkswagen Corrado G60
Alpina B7
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Acura NSX
Audi Ur-S4
Audi RS4
Audi S6 V10
Cadillac CTS-V
Cadillac XLR
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
Nissan Pulsar Gti-R
Nissan GTR
Nissan 300 ZX Twin Turbo
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lexus IS-F
Porsche Boxster Speedster
Porsche 997 Turbo S
Ferrari F430
Ferrari California
Ferrari 400i
Bentley Continental GT

No comments:

Post a Comment