Tuesday, March 27, 2012

OK, now spring is really here!

It's true that the temperature dropped under zero again today, but with the record-setting heat of a few days ago, it's clear that spring is here. I have been really busy with work and other stuff, but I finally have a few minutes to post now.

We have not made much progress on getting the Civic ready for the enduro. The deadline is approaching... hopefully I can get some work done on the car this weekend.

Also this weekend, my girls' basketball team will be playing their biggest game of the year Saturday morning. We are definitely underdogs, but maybe we can pull off an upset like we did last year (see http://vincentbasile.blogspot.ca/2011/02/big-win.html ).

My men's team has won our last few games and we finished the regular season in first place.  The playoffs start in two weeks.

I went for a run on the Mountain about 10 days ago. It felt good to get out there and I wasn't terribly slow. I guess I am not too far off being in decent shape.

The BMW has been performing perfectly. The mysterious suspension clunk seems to be gone for good and the car continues to be a pleasure to drive.

Last weekend, Alex, my brother, sister and I went to New Jersey to see an NBA game (they beat the Bobcats by 13). It was a fun weekend. We rented a car from Budget and it was great value. The car was a Hyundai Sonata and I was quite impressed with it. The fuel economy (7.2 liters/100 km) was amazing for such a large car and the seats were really comfortable on the long drive. Some small criticisms: they only put leather on the top part of the steering wheel, which you almost never hold, and the ride is a bit harsh for a large family car. The handling is excellent and the power of the base model is more than adequate. The satellite radio was a nice touch as well.

I saw a new Porsche 911 for the first time. They're still nice, I still want one!

I spotted a new BMW 3-series today as well. It looks a lot like the 5-series, which is not a bad thing. I would prefer if it were a bit smaller, but I guess that it was to be expected that the new version would be larger than the old one.

With the spring weather, all the nice cars came out to play. Here are some pics.

Photobucket
Bling on front of the Love Hotel

Photobucket
A rare pair of Boxster Spyders
Photobucket
Poor pic of a new 991

Cool cars spotted:
AMG G55
AMG C63
AMG C63
AMG CL63
AMG CLS63
AMG SL55
AMG E63
AMG SLS
AMG C63 Coupe
Acura NSX
Audi R8 V10
Audi S8
Audi S6 V10
Audi RS4
BMW 635 CSi
BMW E30 Wagon
BMW M5
BMW M5 E39
BMW M6
BMW M3
Volvo P1800
Mazda RX7 twin turbo
New BMW 328i
Mitsubishi Delica Off Road Express
Lexus IS-F
Ford Raptor
Shelby GT500
Toyota Land Cruiser Turbo Diesel 
Saab Viggen
Saab Turbo X
Lotus Elise
Tesla Roadster (!)
Ferrari 599
Ferrari California
Ferrari 456
Ferrari 550
Porsche 993 Targa
Porsche 991
Porsche 997 Turbo S
Porsche Boxster Speedster
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Rolls Royce Phantom
Bentley Mulsanne (!)
Bentley Continental GT

No comments:

Post a Comment