Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Long delay since my last post!

I can't believe I haven't posted in 3 weeks! Things have been busy as Alex and I went to Playa del Carmen (Mexico) to an all-inclusive resort during Alex's spring break last week, which meant a bunch of work just before and just after the trip. The trip was fantastic. The weather was amazing and the service and food at the hotel was top notch. I had never been to a resort of over 3 stars and I was really impressed with this one (4.5 stars). It was also quite relaxing.

Big news in our little family: Alex is expecting a baby! All is going well as she enters the second trimester. We are both really excited about this! Stay tuned.

Other than that, I have been really busy with certain files at work. I played in one more basketball game which we lost. We were down by as much as 27 and lost by about 12. I have another game on Friday. Stay tuned.

The girls will play the Jeanne-Mance Dragons' tournament this weekend in Montreal. It should be fun, as our whole coaching staff (Darlington and me) and the whole team should be there. Stay tuned.

I just got back from picking up the M3 at Marc's place. While we were on vacation, I had him change the springs back to OEM and install new heavy-duty rear shock mounts. I really hope this takes care of the recurring clunk issue. So far, there have been no clunks on the drive home and the car feels more comfortable and stable on our bumpy roads. My only regret is that the car's appearance is slightly less "sporty", as the car does not sit as low as before. However, I believe this small trade-off will be worthwhile because of the increase in comfort and "pleasantness" when daily driving the car. Given that I already have a highly modified track car, I don't really see the point in having a second car with unpleasantly stiff suspension. Stay tuned!

Cool cars spotted:
Ford Focus RS (in Mexico)
Porsche 997 Carrera 4 GTS
Bentley Continental
E92 BMW M3 (Laguna blue and loud!)
AMG C63
Audi RS4
Audi Ur-S4

No comments:

Post a Comment