Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall is lovely

Alex and I bought smart phones a couple of weeks ago. Although I knew the differences between a smart phone and a regular dumb phone in theory, I have to say that I am astounded at all the things a smart phone can do. I knew I would be able to check my email and browse the net with the phone, I was not expecting it to be this easy to use and have this many features (I guess I should thank Android for that!). 

The technology allows me to use the "speach to text" feature to dictate blog entries while I walk down the street. 

I can also take some pretty decent photos with the phone and email them in seconds. I'm pretty impressed. Here is a photo I tool of Mount Royal on my walk to work this morning:


Photobucket


Not bad, eh?

You can see from this photo that fall is here and most of the leaves have fallen. Last weekend, I put the winter tires on the BMW. The ride is much smoother with the winter tires. I was going to switch to the original equipment springs because I was sick of the harsh ride, but now I feel that I don't have to. 


Here is another photo from the phone taken in front of Marché Bonsecours in Old Montreal (after a car wash):


Photobucket


My girls' basketball is gearing up for another season. They will play the first game in 2 weeks and, thanks to my excellent assistant coach, I think this will be the best prepared team I've ever had. My men's team has already played its first two games. We tied the first game after I missed two crucial foul shots at the end of regular time. I played better in the second game and we took a 20-0 lead. We held on to win by 20. The third game is coming up Friday.


I haven't been out for a run since the marathon. I am spending a lot of time on the couch and have been eating a lot of pasta. Not good!


Cool cars spotted:
Lotus Evora
Ferrari California
E30 BMW M3
E39 BMW M5
AMG C63
AMG E63
AMG SL55
Porsche 993
Datsun 510

No comments:

Post a Comment