Sunday, August 21, 2011

More car-related stuff!

On Thursday evening, Alex and I headed to Calabogie so we could be at the track early Friday for ASE Lapping Club's track day. I was sharing my Civic with Kevin from Perry Auto Performance, as his borrowed transmission was in my car. We took turns lapping in the car (I was not that fast, best lap of 2:38) and corded several older tires I had brought. Then, at about 3:00 pm, I lost the alternator belt while out on track. I decided to call it a day and my plan was to try to make it back to Montreal on battery power. I stopped only to buy an alternator belt on  the way in case the battery died, but it didn't. I also noted the car was losing a lot of coolant and could not figure out why. I decided not to use the car at the Fiat Alfa Romeo Club event where I was instructing on Saturday. The day was less fun for me as I didn't have a car. I got a few laps in a Fiat 500 (like last year), but there was no opportunity to drive any exotics. Now both my cars are at Marc's, waiting to be repaired. GRRRR!

When I got home yesterday, I had to run 16 km. I went downtown to meet Alex and there were many exotic cars around and car-related activities because of the Nascar weekend at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.It was a tiring day. Luckily, I got to sleep in Sunday. As mentioned below, my 21.1 km run at 4:10 pace went well, despite constant rain. This week will be a big one at work, but an easy running week, with no car-related activities.

Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 575
Ferrari 599 GTO (!!!)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Maserati GT
Maserati Quattroporte
Bentley Continental Supersport (!)
Dodge Viper
Corvette Z06
Aston Martin Vantage
BMW M5 V10
BMW M6 V10
Audi R8
Audi RS4
AMG SLS
Ford GT
Cadillac XLR
Porsche Boxster Speedster
Porsche 944 turbo
Triumph TR3
Nissan GTR
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32

No comments:

Post a Comment