Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back to work!

Coming back after a vacation is not all bad. Of course, one has to get back to work. But coming back to Montreal also means a return to a great city that really knows how to enjoy summer. Also, it's a return to the automotive events I love so much. I was quite disappointed when I got home to find out that the M3 is still not fixed, due to a combination of factors. Both the M3 and the Civic are with Marc, my mechanic and friend, and neither is usable at the moment, which is a little bit frustrating. Hopefully, both cars will be ready in the next few days. In the meantime, I am driving Marc's loaner 93 Civic coupe.

Speaking of cars, I was surprised by the nice cars I spotted in China, and especially in Hong Kong. I suppose I should not be surprised about Hong Kong, as people who are willing to pay over 1 million $ for a condo should want to drive nice cars. Here is a list:


Cool cars spotted in mainland China:
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
new Volkswagen Scirocco
Volkswagen Passat R36
E90 BMW M3
Rolls Royce Phanto
Rolls Royce Ghost
Ferrari California
Ferrari F430 Spyder                   
Lamborghini Gallardo
Mercedes S600
Mercedes SL500 (flat black)
AMG C63 (flat black)
E90 335 (flat black)
Cadillac XLR (flat black)
AMG S63
AMG SLS (flat silver)
Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati GT
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10
90’s Subaru WRX
Bentley Continental
E-Mini
Nissan GTR (loud!)
Jaguar XKR
Aston Martin Vantage
Audi R8

Cool cars spotted in Hong Kong
Volkswagen Scirocco
Audi RS5
Audi RS6
new Audi S6
Audi S3
Audi TTS
Porsche 997 GT3
Porsche 997 turbo
Porsche 996 turbo
Porsche 997 turbo S
Porsche 961 Carrera RS
Porsche Boxster Speedster
BMW M3 E36, E46, E92
Renault Clio V6
Alfa Romeo 147
Rolls Royce Phantom (x4)
Rolls-Royce Ghost
Rolls Royce Silver Spur LWB
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 575M
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 612
Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
Aston Martin DB9 convertible
Aston Martin Vainquish
AMG C63
AMG E63
Mercedes G500 Military
Acura NSX
Nissan Skyline GTR R32
Nissan Skyline R34 Sedan
Nissan GTR
Subaru Legacy Sti Wagon
Maybach 57
Honda RSX Type R
Honda Civic EP3 Type R
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
Bentley Continental Supersport convertible
Bentley Arnage
Brabus Smart forfour
Smart Roadster
Nissan GTR Flat Black
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5
Maserati GT
new Jaguar XJ
Tesla Roadster

In the days since my return, I also saw many not-too-shabby cars here in town as well:

Cool cars spotted in Montreal:
Maserati GT
Bentley GT
Bentley Arnage Black Label
Ferrari California
AMG SL55
AMG SLS
AMG C63
AMG CL63
Lamborghini Gallardo
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
Porsche Boxster Speedster

Contrary to what I had planned, I did not go running in China at all. My marathon training plan starts next week and I really have to get in some miles before then. Luckily, we are on the cusp of a long weekend, and I should have some free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment