Monday, March 14, 2011

The tournament did not go that well for us...

This past weekend, my bantam girls' basketball headed to the Jeanne-Mance Dragons' tournament. I knew our first game would be tough, as we were playing a team from Repentigny with a strong record. Not only did we lose by 17 points, but one of my players sprained her ankle in the warm up before the game. Not a great start.

Our second game, against a team we had beaten twice before this year, went well. We won by 18. For our final game, we were lucky enough to meet up with the team against which we will be playing tomorrow in the regional semi-final. This allowed me to try out various defensive options. Although we learned a couple of things, we lost 51-38. This was not the confidence-booster I was hoping for. We now have a record of one win and two losses against this school. I really hope to find a way to get the girls to play with confidence tomorrow in the semi-final!

No comments:

Post a Comment