Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year... looking back and looking ahead

I don't know why I haven't posted yet in 2011... I had enough free time during the holidays (although much of that time was used up playing Gran Turismo 5, where I currently sit at level 18). I guess the truth is that there has not been much exciting stuff going on. This doesn't mean that life has not been fun (relaxing is quite fun, IMHO), but simply that there have not been too many exciting events.

Basketball has been on hold, for both my men's team and my girls's team. The girls have three games this week, however, so I will be back in the thick of it. I hadn't realized it when we scheduled the season, but we will have had no practices after the holidays before these three games. I will have to be more careful with the scheduling next year. All three games are against teams we have beaten in 2010, so I am hoping for a decent result.

I have been greatly enjoying the M3 and have racked up over 3 000 km since I bought it. What an awesome car! I honestly don't know where you go after having an M3... a Bentley? a Porsche 911 Turbo? It's hard to imagine a better sports car for daily driving.

Running:
I have not gone running in weeks. For some reason, I am not motivated to go out. I am barely getting any exercise, except the 3 km walk to work. I'm glad basketball is starting up again this week, as at least I will see a little action!

News of Alex:
Alex is back in town, which makes my life more pleasant. She is working full-time on various projects for her current and former professors. Concordia has assigned her a very nice office, even though she will only start teaching in the Fall.

Cool cars spotted:
AMG E63
AMG C63
E90 M3
Subaru WRX STi
Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

No comments:

Post a Comment