Monday, December 20, 2010

Pre-holiday trip to Maine

Alex and I decided to travel to Ogunquit, Maine for a little 4-day getaway before the holidays. We both needed a bit of a vacation and this is one of our favourite spots. Of course, this gave us an excuse to take our first road trip in the BMW. The hotels are much more affordable in winter, and the seafood tastes just as good. Walking on the beach is still fun in the cold, if you bundle up a little.

Here are a couple of pictures of Alex at the beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although it is only a couple of degrees warmer than Montreal, we were happily surprised to see that there was no snow on the ground at all. This motivated me to take the car to a car wash, as I realized that we had the dirtiest car in Maine shortly after our arrival.

Here is the car when we first arrived in Ogunquit:
Photobucket

Here it is at our hotel after a car wash:
Photobucket

The car has been a joy to drive. The check engine light came on the other day, I believe because the fuel door was opened with the engine still running. My friend Rob lent me his code reader/reset tool to shut it off. Also, I got royally stuck in the alley behind my building when I beached the car on a mound of snow (as I pushed the car while my neighbour gunned the gas, I noted that the Magnaflow exhaust sounded pretty sweet!). Despite these small issues, I am very happy with the car's winter abilities now that I have winter tires on it.

As I hoped (and expected), the car is great for road trips: super comfortable and supportive seats, cruise control and a nice sound system make for a relaxing journey. Alex is enjoying it as well. We are still debating whether to remove the tint from all the exterior lights. I like the stock look, while Alex finds the all-black look to be distinctive. I told her I am willing to wait a bit before making my final decision.

Both of us have to put in a last burst of work before the holidays, which I suspect will be over in a flash. I suppose my next post will be a 2010 retrospective of some sort... Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Alors vous allez à la plage et vous ne vous baignez pas ?? Quel dommage !!! En tout cas, super l'hotel au bord de la mer.

    ReplyDelete