Saturday, November 13, 2010

Focus on Basketball

In the last couple of weeks, my focus has mostly shifted to basketball. The Diamonds, my grade 7-8 girls' team, had their first game last weekend against Regina Assumpta. Even though we lost 46-36, I was very proud of the way they played and did not get discouraged, despite being down by 15 points in the first half. The other team had more skilled players (they won the grade 7 championship last year without losing a single game), so my team's performance was more than respectable. Our defense was solid and our shooting percentage was extremely impressive. Our main problems were beating their press and poor passing leading to turnovers. Tomorrow, we have our second game of the season, against Joseph Francois Perrault. This team lost big to Regina Assumpta, so we should have a good shot at a win.

My own team has played two more games. We won by 12 last Friday, and I scored 15 points, which is a lot for me. I even scored a 3-point shot! Yesterday, however, we lost by about 15. We were never really in it and it was never very close. The other team had an incredible shooting percentage. At one point late in the game, I lost my cool and yelled at a referee, which earned me a technical foul. I think I scored 13 points and my shooting has been improving. However, as a team, we were outplayed and were not able to generate any serious offence. I hope we can bring it together next week.

Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari Mondial
Lamborghini Gallardo
AMG C63
AMG E63
Mercedes 500E
Maserati Quattroporte
Porsche 997 Turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8
New Subaru WRX STi sedan
Bentley Continental

No comments:

Post a Comment