Monday, July 12, 2010

Gearing up for Calabogie

I still have not actually raced my race car this year. I am trying to drive it on the track whenever possible. Rob and I will be sharing the race Civic on Wednesday at a lapping day at Calabogie. I hope it doesn't rain!

I've been playing around with the MSD Racepak data logger software and I know how to use it a bit better now. I look forward to analyzing all the data the memory card has racked up in the past 2 years. I also found a cheap CompactFlash card reader that will allow me to upload the data to any of my computers. I also fixed Alex's old laptop, which I hope to bring to the track on occasion to look at the data while there is still time to try different things. The Racepak records lap times, speed and G-forces. It also maps the track, which lets you see your data from any point in the lap. I have basically been using it as an in-car lap timer, but in reality, there is so much more to get out of it.

I went running again yesterday, 18 km with Nolin from the Running Room crowd. It was hot. Really hot. I think I will wait until the temperature drops a bit before going out again.

Cool cars spotted:
Ferrari 348
Ferrari F355
Ferrari F430
Ferrari California
Lamborghini Gallardo
Audi R8
Audi S6 V10
Acura NSX
Maserati GT
Triumph TR6
Triumph Sptifire
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
AMG G55
Corvette Z06
Dodge Challenger (original)
Porsche Speedster
Porsche 997 turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment