Friday, May 28, 2010

Marathon training is over... time to run a marathon!

Last night, I went for the final run of my Ottawa Marathon training program, prepared by Christian Brouard. That's it, after 12 weeks of intense (for me) training, all that's left to do is run the darn race! I did all I could do and now we'll have to see how it goes. The race is in two days and I am loading up on carbs. Tomorrow, Alex and I head to Ottawa where we will be staying with a friend. The race is bright and early Sunday. I'm somewhat nervous, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. I thank the friends who have called or emailed me their words of encouragement.

I talked to Pascal about my transmission problem and he thinks it is simply the new tranny oil that has not taken yet. When I have time, I will try to put some street miles on the car to see if there is any change.

It took me all day Monday, but I managed to find a camera setup that worked for the race car. I ended up mounting my regular digital camera (Canon Powershot A480) as low as possible on the roll cage in the center of the car. I am really happy with the result:



The lap times in the video are not great, but my tires were toast by then. Here are some photos of my car taken by Sylvain Perreault on Monday:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Cool cars spotted:
Porsche 997 GT3
BMW M5
Bentley Continental
Rolls Royce Phantom convertible
Audi RS4
Ferrari 328
Lotus Elise
Volvo P1800
Lancia Fulvia 1600 HF (!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment