Monday, October 6, 2008

The new engine rocks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thanks to Jeremy Glover for the pics

Well, I totally wailed on the car this evening at lapping and it never missed a beat. I completed about 70 laps over several sessions. Not only is the car reliable, it's not as slow as I had thought it would be despite the 50-60 hp drop. I timed a bunch of laps with my stopwatch and was often hitting low 1:03's (best was a 1:03.10), which is only 1.5 seconds off my times with the 1.8. Not bad! The car feels great and the engine really likes to rev. I guess the lack of a downstream oxygen sensor did not rob the car of any horsepower. I took some video, which I haven't watched yet. If it's any good, I'll post it.

It turns out that next week's lapping might be on Tuesday instead of Monday, so this may have been my last TLC appearance of the year. I'm sure glad I made it count! I really drove the car as much as allowed before dark (I let Carl have a few laps as well, and he seemed satisfied). I would get the checkered flag, exit the track, and head straight to the back of the line heading out again. JP accused me of trying to run my own personal enduro...

Speaking of enduros, there is a 12-hour at Summit Point in June every year. Is it too soon to start planning for 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment