Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gearing up for Mosport

I've been so busy it's hard to find time to write! I've been trying to squeeze a 5-day work week into 4 days so I could head out to the test day at Mosport on Friday. My co-driver JP and I decided that it was worth the extra expense of doing the test day so we could get some precious seat time at the track. Indeed, last year it took me a long time (until near the end of my stint) to get into the groove. I hope to avoid that this year, although if it rains Saturday, I'll have that to deal with.

After our successful test last Monday, Stephane, in one of his typical bursts of enthusiasm, decided to have the car repainted before the race. Of course, this was somewhat of a cause of stress for me, as it means the car will only be delivered to Trac today, when I'm leaving for Mosport tomorrow evening... Anyway, I trust all will be ready in time. There was not much that remained to be done (the alignment was one thing to be taken care of...).

For the test day and maybe the race, we'll be using Toyo RA1's, size 225-45-15. We may have something a bit grippier for the actual race if Steph comes through...

Apart from preparing the race, I instructed on Monday evening at St-Eustache. I got to drive a Porsche 996 turbo for the first time and I was really impressed with the smooth power delivery and sense of stability. I imagine it's hard to keep your license with a car like this.

There will be a time attack hosted by Trac Racing on the 19th and I hope all is well with the race car so I can participate. If I do, it will make for a high mileage weekend.

My next post should cover the Mosport test day and enduro. Stay tuned!

Cool cars spotted this week:
Ferrari 575
Ferrari F430
Bentley Arnage
Bentley Continental convertible
Maserati Quattroporte
Maserati GT convertible
Lotus Elise
Nissan Skyline GT-R
Mazda Familia GTR

No comments:

Post a Comment