Monday, December 31, 2007

2008!

It's the holidays and there is not much going on on the automotive front. I drove to Ottawa and Plattsburgh, NY in the past few days. The Civic continues to perform flawlessly. I rewarded the car by installing a cool OMP shift knob that I had ordered online. Because it's yellow, I decided to also make a yellow stripe at the top of the steering wheel, rally style. Actually, I hadn's screwed it on tight enough the first time and it came off while I was driving. Hopefully it will stay on in the future.

Looking back on the 2007, I would have to say that the highlight of the year on the automotive front was the Sundown GP enduro at Mosport.

Me in the pits
Photobucket

The crew in action
Photobucket

Both from a fun standpoint and a results standpoint, this was my best event of the year. To read about the event in detail, click here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1990251

Looking forward to 2008, I hope to compete in the type of event that has a high fun to dollar ration. The season will hopefully include some Snowcross (starting in only a few days!), instructing at a few schools, the Mount Burke hillclimb, at least one enduro, a race at Calabogie and maybe a trip to Le Mans (as a spectator, of course).

I received the latest issue of Grassroots Motorsports. Some of the cars people build for under 2000$ are simply incredible. The overall winner was a twin turbo Corvette with a downforce "sucking" system. Holy crap. The editors seemed to love the BMW 135. Coincidentally, Clarkson also wrote about the 135 this week in the London Times and he actually brought back his 5-star rating to use on this car. I can see why: the lightest BMW offered in North America, RWD and 306 hp. Despite the wintery conditions, I have still managed to spot a few cool cars on the road in the past few days.

Cool cars spotted:

3 Bentley Continental
at least 5 Porsche 996 and 997
80's Toyota Landcruiser with lots of lights

No comments:

Post a Comment