Wednesday, October 3, 2007

One more race?

Circumstances seem to be favourable to do one more race this year. There is a four-hour enduro at Summit Point on November 17th. Every year I've thought about doing this event and every year there's always been a good excuse, usually involving a lack of money or a race car in poor condition. This year is different. I've only done one real race this year so the budget is OK. My race buddy Carl is pretty much in. We have a willing crewmember with a truck and trailer. All we need is a third driver. I also need travel medical insurance. I promised Alex I wouldn't race in the USA anymore unless I had insurance. A client of mine broke his wrist in the States without insurance and it cost him 14 000$. I called a broker today for a quote and he said he'd get back to me.

Cool cars spotted today:
Maserati Quattroporte (x2)
AMG SL65

I got the call from Pat that he's ready to take the blue Civic tomorrow. I can't wait to get it back. I have to resist throwing all my energy and resources into this new car as it could very easily be stolen or worse... I remember my heartbreak when my 88 Civic street car was destroyed last year by a driver who blew a stop sign on my street. Even though my car was just parked there, it was totalled. It was so depressing, especially when I was arguing over the replacement value of the car. The moral was that I shouldn't get too attached to any car because it could so easily be gone, just like that.


The 88 Civic before the accident.

I only had the car a little over one month. I had plans to build a replica Honda Michelin car... I already had the wheels and had found an original roll cage as well. And then...


No comments:

Post a Comment